Sunday, January 4, 2009

Resolute

Last year for the new year I made a big list of things I wanted to accomplish in 2008. I achieved absolutely none of them! Lists like that are too daunting for me so this year I am making it simple. I have one resolution, just one and if it takes me until December 31st to complete it, that is fine as long as I get it done.

My one resolution for this new year is to get help for my ADHD. I'm not sure what route I'm going to take yet but I know this is the most important goal in my life right now. I read a magazine article about 2 months ago about a woman with Adult ADHD and it was like a light bulb moment. I have been diagnosed ADD throughout my life but I never believed it, mostly because of the hyperactivity component. Hyper activeness is just one of the many misconceptions about ADHD. I went out and bought about book on it and it has been an amazing revelation about so many aspects of my personality that I thought my fault or things that were wrong with me. But, reading this book has made me realize that I need to find someone to help me learn how to deal with these unique traits. ADHD is highly hereditary, I already see some signs of it in my kids and I want to be able to help them deal with things better than I have.

I also strongly believe that if I can improve my ADHD that in turn my trich will subside as will the depression. I am really excited about starting this new chapter!

I also started a new blog...it's a Project 365 blog, hopefully I will be able to continue posting a picture a day!

2 comments:

crack'n up ourselves said...

Looks like you got it right... 1 goal is enough! Good luck and happy researching.

Marnie said...

Whitney, I was really touched with your honesty in this post. I have at times wondered if I had ADD as well. I'd love to take a look at your book sometime. Best of luck with your search and please know that I'd love to support you in any way that I can.

 
template by suckmylolly.com