Monday, January 12, 2009

Christmas Pt. 3

Okay, I'm finally getting around to posting the pictures from Midland. This was one of my favorite trips to Midland yet. Despite a small bout of the stomach bug (it wouldn't be a vacation without it!) we had an awesome time.

On Sunday after church I took my niece Gracie outside to get some pictures of her. She wasn't so sure about me and my camera at first...

IMG_7230edit web

IMG_7226edit ps copy web

But thanks to her siblings she started to open up and gave me her sweet Popeye smile :)

IMG_7249edit web

We had our now traditional family talent show. Jace actually got up and sang two verses of I am a Child of God (right after Chanler sang the exact same thing). It was so cute. I am not used to having a performing child...Summer absolutely refuses to participate in these events!

The Heidenreich family singing group!

IMG_7269edit web

Colby rocked the pink guitar...

IMG_7280edit web

Ella enjoying some dessert...

IMG_7295edit web

Papa and his girls...

IMG_7298edit web

Cade and McKenzie watching a movie on Tyler's ipod. (Look at that tongue!)

IMG_7306edit web

Beautiful girl, Carlee. At 11 she is just a few inches shorter than me and wears the same size shoe that I do! She is a very talented volleyball player and takes pride in her height...I wish I could have at her age!

IMG_7309edit web

On the 30th we celebrated Blaine's 61st birthday.

IMG_7310edit web

Papa is famous for his treasure hunts so for his birthday we made one for him! Poor guy had to find some really hard stuff like the picture of a grandchild born on a certain day, the tablecloths, and the potato peeler. He finally found his treasure of presents!

IMG_7316edit web

Opening presents with his pride and joy surrounding him...

IMG_7329edit web

It took two cakes to have enough room for all those candles!

IMG_7337edit web

IMG_7346edit web

Miss Grace enjoyed her cake!

IMG_7348edit web

There were lots of ping pong matches...especially involving Kendell, he's a big talker :)

IMG_7359edit web

Ella seemed to convince anyone nearby (except Colby!) to sit down with her and read a book.

With Nana...

IMG_7360edit web

With Aunt Brittany...

IMG_7364edit web

The best part of the trip (besides the Oscar's and Rosa's) was finding out that our 19th niece or nephew is on the way. Brittany totally took me off guard with the announcement and made me cry! I love her and Colby so much and I am so excited for them and this new phase in their life. I'm already trying to plan our vacation around her due date so we can make sure we get to meet him or her as soon as possible :)

And lastly, Chad's 27th birthday was this past week (the 5th) and my mother in law asked us to give him a spiritual gift. I think this is a fabulous idea and I have plenty of things in mind that I can "give" to him. I am looking forward to improving my spiritual self and being reminded of Chad throughout the year.

Another of my favorite pictures of him...with his new puppy, Princess and as always, surrounded by the kids :)

IM000564.JPG

(Sept. 2004)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a great summary of the trip! I wish I could just take your post and put it on my blog. I can never word things the way I want to and so I just don't put anything on. Thanks for sharing the pics. The pics of Grace turned out really cute.

Marnie said...

Great pictures Whitney! I especially love the second one of Gracie; her eys just pop!

 
template by suckmylolly.com