Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Office Makeover

We decided a few months ago that we would decorate one room at a time in the house instead of jumping around to a bunch of different projects and then never finishing any rooms. The current room we're working on is the office. It is very close to being done... we need some art work, some more storage, and to paint one more wall. I put together a design board to help me with all the ideas going on in my head.




office mood board web.jpg


The bookcases, desk, table, chair, wall art, sticks, curtains, green storage boxes, and wall shelves we have already (and are all from ikea). I was struggling with something to put in the space over our desk, I've looked at a few art pieces but I'm afraid that it will be too much with the art I want to get for the shelves (the above Black Apple painting and this Suzanna Anna print . Here's an example....


IMG_8343 2.jpg


I thought about getting a bulletin board and painting the f  rame teal but that's still too much brown for me....we really need something in the room that is teal besides the desk chair. So I got some clipboards last night and some paint and we will just nail them to the wall and clip reminders, pictures, etc. on to them.


Something like this...


3114571273_ee8f43c881.jpg


I added the orange desk lamp, I'm trying to decide if I want a couple of those or something sturdier like a floor lamp. The library style storage is from Target but I think we're gonna go with some lockers instead. I found these and these at a local antique store, we'll probably head there the end of this week to check them out.


And finally, I added the imac on top of our computer just for fun when I showed this to Tyler and I guess he thought it looked good there cause we went and got it the next day :) So that's what is taking up my mind most of these days and why I haven't processed any pictures lately. I'll be adding a full room tour as soon as we're done...until then check out this beautiful workspace, I don't think mine will ever be that neat!



3 comments:

crack'n up ourselves said...

Wow I am impressed with your organizational skills! It will look great when it is all done.

Matt & Andrea said...

Whitney, you're so creative. I love it. I hadn't seen your blog before, so of course I had to go back and look at all the pictures of your cute family. They're all adorable!

Marnie said...

I love the colors in your office. It is going to be so pretty when you're done. By the way, I love the lockers. Can I come with you to the antique store pretty please? Maybe one day I"ll have a pretty office too minus gym equiptment! :)

 
template by suckmylolly.com