Friday, January 2, 2009

1.2.09

I got behind in my blogging because we went to Midland and we actually didn't take our laptop this time (we really needed it too!) so I'm going to split up our holiday review into a few posts. Starting back at the beginning....

On the 21st my brother flew in from Salt Lake City and he and my mom came and spent a few days with us. We went up to Sherman to visit my grandparents in their beautiful new house.

IMG_7047edit web

  The kids adore their Uncle Tanner, they think he is the coolest.

Cade and my beautiful Granny...

IMG_7083edit web

We played lots of card games...

IMG_7065edit web

I finally got Summer to look at me for a picture.

IMG_7070edit web

My amazing grandad, he is so fun...I am so glad we live closer to them!

IMG_7056edit web

The next day my dad and stepmom met us at the Gaylord Hotel in Grapevine to go see ICE. The hotel was so beautiful, the decorations were amazing.

Right when you walk in...

IMG_7098edit web

This tree was huge and it rotated!

IMG_7113edit web

IMG_7115edit web

IMG_7122edit web

They give you parkas to wear on top of your coats because it is 9 degrees in with the ice, the kids looked so funny in their big parkas.

IMG_7126edit web

IMG_7132edit wen

IMG_7133edit web

I think the gingerbread house was my favorite, you could go up and walk through it.

IMG_7138edit web

They were playing music in the Santa room and Jace got up on the stage and was rockin' out. I could barely get him to stop dancing for a picture.

IMG_7146edit web

The ice slides...

IMG_7149edit web

IMG_7150edit web

Cade coming down the slide.

IMG_7153edit web

Somewhere between the Santa room and waiting for Summer to take her 2nd turn on the slide...Miss Ellie crashed out.

IMG_7154edit web

IMG_7158edit web

IMG_7160edit web

After we left ICE we walked around the hotel some more to check out all the decorations. The ceiling...

IMG_7163edit web

Summer in front of the gingerbread house.

IMG_7168edit web 

My favorite area, I just love all of those little, colorful trees!

IMG_7178edit web

Cade and Elle being cute in the car...

IMG_7030edit web

Ella loves her blankie...especially rubbing it on her nose, it always calms her down :)

IMG_6821web

My dad and JJ came back to our house to exchange gifts (they gave the kids the trampoline) and that night they took the 3 oldest to a hotel. It was heaven! We enjoyed the peace and quiet though most of  the night was spent trying to piece together the swingset with incorrect hardware. The next day Tanner went home, we really miss him...I just love it when he's here. We had a short day of rest before the festivities began again. I'll try to get the Christmas pics up tomorrow in between our many home improvement projects we have planned :)

1 comments:

Marnie said...

Love the ice sculptures! Your photos turned out amazing. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas full of family, food, and fun!

 
template by suckmylolly.com